Welcome!

I'm Tonia and this is my family. There's Hubs, my wonderful partner; Bug, my darling daughter; and Boo, my charming son. We are the Collins clan. We are a homeschooling family who try our best to live out God's will for our lives every day. There are lots of stumbles along the way, but we love each other and this little life we're carving out for ourselves. Recently we found ourselves called to make some big changes in our lives so we're packing up the McMansion and moving out to a little farm in need of a lot of TLC. We have tons to learn and tons to do and we invite you to share the journey as we turn our not-so-new heap into a home.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bathroom Blues

Oooh, I can't wait to show you this! The bathroom was the last room I needed to get organized and truly moved into and this past weekend I was finally able to get it done.



It might have the grossest floor in house,  but one good thing about this room is that it has some seriously rockin storage. I mean, like a whole wall of cabinetry. Which is wonderful, of course, but also means there is a lot of room for things to just be thrown in and messy. It was out of control pretty much as soon as we moved in and it has been driving me crazy just about that long.


The top cabinets didn't change all that much. They are too high for anybody but the Hubs to reach without help so they just house things that are used occasionally.  From left to right there is: the vet box, the dog clippers, extra paper towels, and my essential oil business stuff.


 This cabinet was the most offensive. Since everyone in the house uses it, it pretty much is a major hot spot for trouble. There was a ton of stuff that just needed to go and then I was able to bring some organization to the rest.


 The top shelf contains the first aid kit, minus the essential oils, which are all housed in the medicine cabinet above the sink. There is also a basket with travel hygiene needs and another with the sunscreen and bug spray products. The second shelf is the Hubs' shelf. He resists any attempts at organization so I don't really even try anymore and instead just give him a basket to throw everything in. The basket looks nice and I don't have to think about the fact that everything is just rolling around inside it. The third shelf is the toothbrushes and toothpaste. The basket contains 4 small squares so each person has a spot for their toothbrush (inside a cup) and then there is a spot for the travel boxes and toothpastes.


Ever since I laid eyes on this middle cabinet, I have had the dream of making it into a little contained vanity area, so I asked the Hubs to make me a table top that would fit inside. He had an old headboard that fit the purpose perfectly so he cut it to size and mounted it in.


He was also able to put a better sized shelf at the top so I had more room for baskets of stuff. Now, I have my own little room within the bathroom and I couldn't be happier with it.

As with all things at the Heap, making it pretty will hopefully come later. I'm a Martha at heart and love to have everything in matching baskets and all that jazz, but for now, it's organized and functional and that is fantastic enough for me!

Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment