The floors are done. I'm mostly happy with them. I did learn a lot from this first room and there are things I will be doing differently next time, but over all they are lovely and with the room full of furniture I will not notice my mess ups so much. The floors had to cure for a full 7 days after the last coat of polyurethane so for the past week I've been spending my time working on components for the room instead of on the actual room.
I have been cruising through thrift stores looking for things to repurpose- like picture frames. All it takes is a little spray paint and we have fabulous, colorful pieces for the room. I am proud to say I have kept us at budget by re-using, recycling, and re-purposing. And by budget I mean, I've only used the money the kids were gifted at Christmas by their grandparents. This is a huge accomplishment for me...you have no idea.
Thus far, this is my very favorite project for the room. Using wood we already had the Hubs and I made two identical, upholstered, and tufted headboards. I think they are gorgeous and I cannot wait to see them up.
The Hubs has been putting trim up all day and the painting will start tomorrow. That is going to be quite a job. I have the room, trim, and doors to paint, of course. But, I also have a chair, table, and nightstand to paint. I figure in a couple of weeks I'll have it all done and be ready to put the room together. Here's hoping!