Welcome!

I'm Tonia and this is my family. There's Hubs, my wonderful partner; Bug, my darling daughter; and Boo, my charming son. We are the Collins clan. We are a homeschooling family who try our best to live out God's will for our lives every day. There are lots of stumbles along the way, but we love each other and this little life we're carving out for ourselves. Recently we found ourselves called to make some big changes in our lives so we're packing up the McMansion and moving out to a little farm in need of a lot of TLC. We have tons to learn and tons to do and we invite you to share the journey as we turn our not-so-new heap into a home.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

So Long McMansion

It's our last night in the McMansion. I can hardly believe it. Despite all the dreaming and planning, now that it's all coming together it just seems surreal. We're really leaving. More than that, we're really going to live in the Heap. There's no turning back now.

Memories abound.



Here I found out I had cancer. This house held me when I couldn't get out of bed, entertained my kids when I had no energy to give them, and mocked me with the dirty bathrooms and piled up dishes that were evidence that all was not well. Here prayers for healing were answered and we found life really does go on.


Here I learned about grace, truly learned, and accepted it for the first time. Here I gratefully allowed others to help me, accepted I couldn't do it all, and embraced a life that wasn't about completing tasks.


Here I got my hands dirty for the first time and discovered the joy of growing your own food. Here I came to learn that I love plants of all kinds and that there is no greater accomplishment than taking care of your family by coaxing the land to give you food.


Here I taught my little man to read,


discovered my girl is an artist,



welcomed two beautiful nieces.


Here I've fallen in love with countless children and their families and provided a home away from home.


Here we've shared meals with friends and family. We've played games late into the night. Laughed. Cried. Yelled. Snuggled.

It was good. It was exactly what we needed while we needed it. I know without a doubt that everything I learned here will serve me on our new journey. I'm ready to say good-bye. I'm ready for the next adventure. But, I'm so very grateful for this "once upon a time".

So long McMansion....we hope you bless your new family the way you've blessed us.


Tonia



No comments:

Post a Comment